Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Hypervisor start fail when system memory more than 64GB

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 03:08:25PM +0800, benian wrote:

>    My environment is xen-4.0.0 + pvops2.6.32 kernel + fedora12
>
>    I can run xen hypervisor smoothly when system memory below 64G
>
>    But if I plug 4GB more memory to my server, XEN hypervisor start fail then
>    crash and restart automatically.
>
>    The final screen is some message about memory address which will not be
>    displayed in normal process
>

>    I read from XEN 4.0.0 features that Xen support 1 TB of RAM per host, so I
>    am not sure what *s wrong with this situation.
>

>    Any idea is appreciated and welcome

How much memory does your dom0 have? ie. what's your dom0_mem= option for
xen.gz in grub.conf.
Have you tried different values? ie. 2GB, 4GB, 8GB?

Also setup a serial console so you can figure out if it's the Xen hypervisor or
dom0 kernel crashing:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenSerialConsole

and more info about troubleshooting pvops dom0 kernels (also an example about
serial console with pvops dom0):
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps

Those should help.

-- Pasi