Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.0.1-rc5-pre] [pvops 2.6.32.16] Complete freeze within 2 days, no info in serial log

 On 08/05/2010 07:52 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
The videograbber (vl4) stack trace you sent to me some time ago looked
liked a mutex was held for a very very long time... which I wonder if
that is the cmpxch compiler bug that has hit some folks. Are you using
Debian?

The symptom of that bug is that gcc doesn't see any writes to a static variable, so it puts it in a RO section, causing faults. So while I guess its within the realm of possibilities that this is a different manifestation of the same bug, it doesn't seem likely.