Re: [Xen-devel] ATT/GAS syntax manual

On 27/07/2010 20:55, "Mukesh Rathor" <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I should've asked this long ago, but better late than never.
>
> Has anybody found a site, book, manual, or anything that explains the
> ATT/GAS syntax for each instruction. I'm looking for something similar
> to the Intel manuals, even tho it's not to that detail. Anything I find
> just includes few instructions, and is more assembly language prog book
> rather than just GAS syntax manual.

I don't think there is such a thing. There are general rules for writing
operands, effective addresses, and ordering of operands of course. If I had
a specific issue with a particular instruction then I would construct an
example in machine code using .byte directive in a .S file, gcc/gas it to an
object file, and the objdump -d that file to see the AT&T syntax for the
instruction.

 -- Keir