RE: [Xen-devel] S3 sleep in dom0 breaks dom0<->domU wallclock synchronization

> >> Wouldn't it be much simpler to not introduce any new logic at all
> and
> >> just let Dom0 tools/scripts take care of properly suspending
> >> (checkpointing) all (minimally all pv, but I would really think
> treating
> >> different kinds of guests differently here is unnecessary) guests
> >> before doing a host suspend, as Jeremy had suggested in an earlier
> >> reply?
> >>

> > But wouldn't this require dumping all the VMs memory do disk? Can we
> use
> > xm pause instead, i.e. will it notify VMs properly?
>
> It just requires the guests to be put through a guest-side
> suspend/resume
> cycle. The usual tools-side work of saving to disk etc could be elided.
> Yes,
> it probably makes sense to extend that existing mechanism to include S3
> as
> well. Just needs someone to do the work. :-)

In the meantime, is there any easy way to stop dom0
from entering S3?  (E.g., like the Xen max_cstate parameter
for C states?)

I've been seeing some similar guest issues recently running
RHEL6beta guests and wonder if I am seeing the same problem.