Re: [Xen-devel] XCP: python SR plugin questions

Hi there,

On 19 May 2010, at 03:35, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> hi,
>
> i'm writing a python sr plugin for our product and have a few questions.
>
> - our product has 32-bit id, not uuid, for each volumes, which i want to map
>  to xcp's vdi.  i generate name-based uuid from the 32-bit id in sr.scan and
>  vdi.create.  is this a reasonable approach?

You can use the 'location' field in the VDI to contain your 32 bit id - then
the uuid is irrelevant. I'd like to move more of the storage backends in this
direction - currently I believe only the ISO SR does it this way.

> - how can i get name-label specified by "xe vdi-create" in my vdi.create?
>  i want to pass it to our product.

Unfortunately this isn't possible at the moment. What you could do is pick the
name up on a subsequent scan. This is ugly, I know, and might not even work if
you need the name at VDI create time, but it's all we've got at the moment.
This is on my list of things to fix about the SMAPI.