Re: [Xen-devel] (XEN) Xen BUG at amd_nonfatal.c:165 on a new amd g34 board

On 07/05/2010 22:45, "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 07/05/2010 22:10, "Luke S Crawford" <lsc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ah, looks like half the MCE stuff is not even hooked up the mce boot
> parameter. Well, I expect Christoph Egger can help: he implemented a lot of
> the MCE mechanism, and especially the AMD parts.
>
> I think the mce boot parameter should, when disabled, cause the MCE feature
> bits to be removed from Xen's copy of CPUID feature flags. That would easily
> disable all MCE logic throughout Xen.

Actually I think the attached patch should work, in conjunction with
specifying no-mce (4.0/unstable) or nomce (3.4) as a Xen boot parameter. Let
me know if it works okay for you.

I've applied the patch to xen-unstable as c/s 21360.

 -- Keir