Re: [Xen-devel] (XEN) Xen BUG at amd_nonfatal.c:165 on a new amd g34 board

On 07/05/2010 22:10, "Luke S Crawford" <lsc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Try 'no-mce' on xen-4.0 or xen-unstable command line, or 'nomce' on xen-3.4
>> command line. Looks like MCE support playing up. You probably didn't want
>> the MCE goop enabled anyway. :-)
>
> nomce no-mce and mce=off all appear to do nothing (I'm putting them
> right after kernel xen.gz)  I get the same error.

Ah, looks like half the MCE stuff is not even hooked up the mce boot
parameter. Well, I expect Christoph Egger can help: he implemented a lot of
the MCE mechanism, and especially the AMD parts.

I think the mce boot parameter should, when disabled, cause the MCE feature
bits to be removed from Xen's copy of CPUID feature flags. That would easily
disable all MCE logic throughout Xen.

 -- Keir