Re: [Xen-devel] status of PV drivers in Xen 4.0

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> Getting pvops-based pv-on-hvm drivers to upstream Linux is the ultimate goal
> of course :)

I temporarily had to slow down my work on that because of other deadlines
I had in the last months, but soon I should be able to resume my work
full time.
I am currently trying to fix a save\restore bug that prevents pv
drivers or the domain from resuming correctly after a save\restore or a
migration.
In particular the call to dpm_suspend_start doesn't leave the kernel in
a good state in the PV on HVM case and I am not sure why: it seems to hang
half way through.
I need to call dpm_suspend_start because xenbus_dev_suspend has to be
called otherwise the pv drivers don't resume correctly.