[Xen-devel] Re: One question on mcinfo_extended

The point of using void* here is that even in a 32-bit Dom0 running on 64-bit
Xen should have access to all registers - I couldn't think of anything better
back then. The implication is that Dom0 side code must be prepared to deal with
that - which I think isn't the case at present.

Jan

>>> "Jiang, Yunhong"  04/20/10 10:20 AM >>>
Hi, Jan, in 19465 changeset, the mcinfo_extended's mc_msr is changed to be an
array of sizeof(void *) * 4. I assume your purpose is to make it works on both
32 and 64. But will it cause trouble to compatibility mode dom0? Especially if
dom0 copy the information to local variable, and loop the variable through
mcinfo_extended->mc_msrs?

Thanks
--jyh