[Xen-devel] Re: [PROPOSAL] Doing work in idle-vcpu context

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 6:52 AM, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I've now implemented this at the tip of xen-unstable staging tree. Except
> that I retasked the concept of 'tasklets' to implement this, rather than
> introducing a whole new abstraction like Linux workqueues.
Yeah, this looks better.

> Thanks to Dulloor for initial changes to the credit scheduler. I should have
> acknowledged you in the changeset comment too: sorry about that. :-(
No problem :)

> George: let me know if the scheduler changes in c/s 21197 look okay.

George might be able to comment better, but two things :
1. Should we not set (ret.time) to some timeslice (rather than -1)
when we BOOST the idle_vcpu (for csched and csched2).
2. Is it fine to use a simple list_empty in checking if the
tasklet_queue is empty for a cpu, with other cpus possibly accessing
the list too.