[Xen-devel] Re: [PROPOSAL] Doing work in idle-vcpu context

Keir Fraser wrote:
One bit of mechanism this would require is the ability to bump the idle vcpu
priority up - preferably to 'max' priority forcing it to run next until we
return it to idle/lowest priority. George: how hard would such a mechanism
be to implement do you think?

More generally: what do people think of this idea?
I think it's a pretty good idea. Obviously having to have the the idle thread be able to switch to "schedule me NOW" priority would involve some special-casing (esp with shared runqueues), but it shoudn't be too bad.

-George