Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Failed to create VM using configuration specified by Remus

On Friday, 16 April 2010 at 17:09, Minjia Zhang wrote:
> Hi, Brendan,
> Thank you very much for your reply and help. I've tested Remus with
> xen-unstable-4.0 and the latest linux-2.6.18-xen.hg.  The remus seems to
> work well. The previous error seems caused by using an old version of
> linux-2.6.18-xen.hg and I've fixed it.
>
> I encounter some problem when try to run remus with two vms on one
> single physical  machine,like:
> remus vm1 backup
> remus vm2 backup
> The first command can run correctly, while the second line get error and
> give the following messages. Can Remus provide two vms (on one physical
> machine) the fault tolerance simultaneously?

It should -- I believe I even tried it out once or twice. The errors
below look like they're all pretty trivial to fix.

> [root@server1 test]# remus 34 server2
>
> ERROR Internal error: Can't create lock file for suspend event channel

I think this is a lock file added to xm migrate? From the sound of it,
it's a global lock rather than per-domain, which would be
unnecessarily conservative. Probably easy to fix.

> WARNING: suspend event channel unavailable, falling back to slow xenstore
> signalling
>
> Had 0 unexplained entries in p2m table
>
>  1: sent 64491, skipped 725, delta 3425ms, dom0 75%, target 75%, sent
> 617Mb/s, dirtied 10Mb/s 1085 pages
>
>  2: sent 1083, skipped 2, delta 43ms, dom0 100%, target 100%, sent 825Mb/s,
> dirtied 12Mb/s 16 pages
>
>  3: sent 15, skipped 1, Start last iteration
>
> PROF: suspending at 1271404630.401318
>
> installing buffer on imq0
>
> RTNETLINK answers: File exists

Yes, this is also quite a straightforward bug. The remus script
hardcodes imq0 instead of looking for the next available
device. Should be pretty easy to fix -- want to give it a shot?