Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Jeremy's GIT-tree and network problems

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 02:26:00PM +0200, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 08:18:15PM +0200, S.H. Verbrugge wrote:
>> Could you check your dmesg (dom0) to see if you have similar messages?
>> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-03/msg00966.html
>
> You mean âAttempting to checksum a non-TCP/UDP packet, dropping a
> protocol 1 packetâ? Yes, I see one shortly before the NFSv4 server is
> started. But it is only one line and doesnât show again if I start my
> connection tests.

So here is an interesting observation (And I am late in this thread so
if I am going off on a tangent, please correct me): We compiled both in
DomU and Dom0 the kernel to not have any traces of iptables nor
igbtables. The performance of scp-ing a tarball from Dom0 to DomU went
from 0.5MB to 17MB/s (which is about the disk speed).

I don't know if you feel inclined to actually try such a drastic option
to see if that is your culprit or not, but it is worth keeping in the
back of your head.