Re: [Xen-devel] xen.git branches / pvops kernel pvusb support

On 03/18/2010 04:19 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 09:29:14AM +0900, Noboru Iwamatsu wrote:
Hi,

On 03/04/2010 11:24 AM, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
Are there any signs of pv-usb support coming ?
I have not seen any work in that area.

In the jump between 2.6.18 and current kernel,
several important changes are required for handling
the urbs and its buffers.
Because, the manner of the host controller and the
urb's behavior have been modified on the upstream.

I'm now working on it, I hope I can post it in late
this month.

Btw Novell seems to have a forward-port of the pvusb stuff
to their 2.6.32 xenlinux kernel (non pvops).

See:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-03/msg00723.html

Dunno if it helps with the pvops port though :)

It should do in the sense that that kind of driver stuff doesn't have much dependency on pvops vs non-pvops. Other things may be different which could complicate things (and ideally we'd like to take things that a close to upstreamable).