RE: [Xen-devel] Re: [XCP] new version available

> > > That's cool! Is there some comparison with GPLPV drivers in case of
> > > stability, speed, features and so on?
> > > It looks a bit like future competition between the two driver packs?
> >
> > Well the major difference is that GPLPV drivers are opensource,
> > and the Citrix Windows PV drivers provided in XCP are not.
>
> Ah, I see - too bad Citrix couldn't open source them :)

They're freely distributable in binary form, but they link against various MSFT
libraries which have licenses that restrict what can be done with the source.
The binaries pass all the MSFT class-specific WHQL tests and are signed so you
don't get annoying pop-ups when installing them.

I'm not aware of any relative benchmarking having been done, but it would
certainly be  interesting to know.

Ian