Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] libxenlight

Jun Koi writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] libxenlight"):
> I believe that libvirt doesnt want this code, because of
> incompatibility issue: libvirt is LGPL, which is more free, IMO.

libvirt is the library for talking to virt-manager and so doesn't need
to link to libxl or indeed any of the GPL'd libraries such as
libxenguest.  So there is no problem here.

> Is this yet-another-GPL lib? If so, that is really disappointed.

In any case, donning a personal hat for a moment, there is nothing
wrong with releasing a library under the full GPL.  Whether to do so
is a political and strategic decision like many other choices of
licence.

It's fair enough to argue one way or the other about licences but
there is no general rule that the Lesser GPL should be used for a
library.

Ian.