Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] libxenlight

  • To: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jun Koi <junkoi2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 23:45:14 +0900
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 06:45:55 -0800

Hi Stefano,

Is this yet-another-GPL lib? If so, that is really disappointed.

I think people desperately need LGPL code like this, but not GPL. So
please make it LGPL for people to use.

Personally, I have some small projects, and I had to reimplement a
part of libxc under LGPL. If libxenlight is under LGPL, I dont have to
waste my time doing that.

I believe that libvirt doesnt want this code, because of
incompatibility issue: libvirt is LGPL, which is more free, IMO.

Thanks,
Jun