Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [drm:r100_ring_test] *ERROR* radeon: ring test failed

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 03:41:14PM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > > We can figure this out.  Pasi, I don't have a modesetting working machine,
> > > but you do. Can you compile your pv_ops with the fix I provided earlier,
> > > along with enabling CONFIG_DMA_API_DEBUG=y. Once mode-setting is turned
> > > on and your machine is humming along (maybe even run glxgears), compile
> > > the attached module and load it. You should get a kernel dump
> > > off all devices that are using the DMA buffers. Can you e-mail me that
> > > back
> > > please?
> > >

> > I've never actually tried X on this box.. it seems X doesn't start.
>
> As in, even on baremetal it does not work?

Heh. should have tried that already. Too tired atm :)

Anyway, I tried baremetal now. X comes up, I can see the desktop, and
then the monitor goes out of signal.

"dmesg" is full of:

[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
[TTM] Erroneous page count. Leaking pages.
X used greatest stack depth: 3000 bytes left

Could that be caused by the patch? I booted the same ttm-patched kernel
on baremetal without Xen..

> > http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/radeondebug/dmesg-2.6.31.4-2009-10-27.txt
> > http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/radeondebug/Xorg.0.log-2009-10-27
>
> This is weird. The EDID reporting seems to be stuck in a endless loop:
>
> (II) RADEON(0): EDID for output DVI-0
> (II) RADEON(0): EDID for output VGA-0
> (II) RADEON(0): EDID for output DVI-0
> (II) RADEON(0): EDID for output VGA-0
> ..
> and then last one where it is cut off (probably when you rebooted the box?)

Xorg.0.log for baremetal looks pretty much the same:
http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/radeondebug/Xorg.0.log-2009-10-27-baremetal

-- Pasi