Re: [Xen-devel] Latest source

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Kaushik Kumar Ram <kaushik@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:52:48 +0530
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:27:02 -0700

On Oct 20, 2009, at 9:49 PM, Kaushik Kumar Ram wrote:

Is Jeremy's git repository,
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git xen/ master,
the latest dom0-Linux source (which includes the pv_ops code)?
What about the corresponding domU-Linux source ?

The git repo supports both dom0 and domU operation.

-- Keir

But I don't see "netfront" included there (while netback
exists under drivers/xen)? Seems like it includes only a
PV Dom0-Linux kernel.

After digging a little more I realized that netfront has been moved
to drivers/net/ from drivers/xen.

So it looks like the git repo does support both domU and dom0
operations.

But it will be nice to know what is the recommended approach
to get and build the source for development. As in what is
the approach favored by the xen hackers out here.

Thanks.

-Kaushik