Re: [Xen-devel] Latest source

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Kaushik Kumar Ram <kaushik@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:49:59 +0530
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:22:52 -0700

Is Jeremy's git repository,
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git xen/ master,
the latest dom0-Linux source (which includes the pv_ops code)?
What about the corresponding domU-Linux source ?

The git repo supports both dom0 and domU operation.

-- Keir

But I don't see "netfront" included there (while netback
exists under drivers/xen)? Seems like it includes only a
PV Dom0-Linux kernel.

What about the Linux git tree which is downloaded from
xen-unstable.hg? I think it grabs the linux-2.6-pvops branch
from the above repository. Is it same as the xen/master branch?

Previously, I used to get xen-unstable.hg mercurial tree and then
get the linux-2.6-xen.hg mercurial tree from xen-unstable.hg.
From there it was easy to build Dom0 and DomU PV Linux
kernels.

I believe things have changed since then. What is the
recommended approach to get the source code trees and
build the hypervisor/Dom0/DomU kernels for development
now?

Thanks.

-Kaushik