Re: [Xen-devel] xensocket or similar

  • To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jean Guyader <jean.guyader@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 14:55:11 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 06:55:38 -0700

2009/10/2 Jean Guyader <jean.guyader@xxxxxxxxx>:

>> or
>>> >

>>> Noone has ever submitted such a thing for inclusion.
>>>

>> Any idea's on what form such a thing might take? I can't really see that
>> it's been discussed much before. I got excited when I read about xenfs
>> (the interdomain filesystem that could be used to establish a high speed
>> shared memory interface) and then saw xenfs in the current pvops kernel,
>> but it appears that xenfs in the current pvops kernel is just /proc/xen
>> and isn't what I thought it was.
>>
>> The current idea I'm thinking of is a new Address Family (AF_XEN?), and
>> using domid+port or domid+name to define an address space.
>>

> We have something like that in XCI, it's not complete finished yet.
> Let use sync the trees.

We synced the XCI dom patchqueue and you can find the v2v code there.
http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb?p=xenclient/linux-2.6.27-pq.git;a=blob_plain;f=master/v2v-core;h=4378276c2d2dde17a9bcb950bf17c4f7dcfff66e;hb=HEAD
We have a code to create a socket AF_XEN but right now it's not
connected to v2v, it should be done very soon.

Jean