Re: [Xen-devel] pvops: AHCI problems with SB600

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 09:37:55AM +0200, Patrick Scharrenberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Lets try a couple of more options, if this isn't too much of a trouble?
> That's fine with me.
>
> > You ought to have no trouble at 4GB. 6GB will fail if this is a DMA related
> > issue.
> It's exactly as you said. 4GB works, 6GB fails.
>
> > The log says:
> >> [    2.209240] ehci_hcd 0000:00:13.5: applying AMD SB600/SB700 USB freeze
> >> workaround
> > That might be the reason your keyboard didn't work. Unless your
> keyboard is PS/2?
>
> I also tested the same kernel on an SB700 machine and there it works
> just fine including SATA and USB.

Weird. I have a machine with SB700 and if it has more than 4GB it fails.
Your SB700 machine does have more than 4GB, right?

> The keyboard is a remote management card and is indeed connected via USB.

Nice. Just curious - what kind of card is this?

> > Looking at NewEgg for your motherboard it looks to _not_ have any serial
> > output.
> > You would need to get a PCI Serial card for this thought.
>
> The board has a serial port but no external connector.
> I have a serial port bracket which I can install if it helps on.
>
> Is there anything else I can try meanwhile?

Let me start working on the machine I have here to troubleshoot.
I would suggest that in the meantime you use the dom0_mem workaround
and see if there are other problems besides the one you found?