[Xen-devel] Announcing xen/master: pvops git trees rearranged

  • To: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:19:41 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:20:05 -0700

Well, my current pvops/dom0 tree is finally (reasonably) stable.  There
was a fairly nasty bug which ended up corrupting dom0 memory when doing
IO on behalf of domains, but that is finally fixed.

In honour of this, I've renamed the rebase/* branches to xen/* (moving
the old remaining xen/* branches to xen-old/*); xen/master is now the
preferred branch for fetching current dom0 work.

The kernel tree is fairly featureful:

    * basic dom0 support
    * blkback
    * netback
    * ACPI power management
    * S3 suspend/resume (at least for some people)
    * microcode update
    * MSI support

In other words, it has as much as it ever has.

There are a few notable missing features:

    * blktap2
    * netchannel2
    * pci front/back
    * upstream Linux support
    * your pet feature

Full coordinates are:

    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git xen/master

See http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps for general
directions on configuration, compilation and use.

This is definitely a work-in-progress kernel.  I'd appreciate all bug
*and* success reports so I can get some idea of how many people are
using this thing, and how often there are problems.  Patches gratefully
accepted.

Thanks,