Re: [Xen-devel] Announcing xen/master: pvops git trees rearranged

  • To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
  • From: "Marc - A. Dahlhaus [ Administration | Westermann GmbH ]" <mad@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:49:03 +0200
  • Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 01:49:33 -0700

Am Montag, den 21.09.2009, 09:22 +0300 schrieb Pasi Kärkkäinen:
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 09:29:46PM +0200, Marc - A. Dahlhaus wrote:
> > Marc - A. Dahlhaus schrieb:

> > --8<--
> > >
> > >I think it would be a good idea to add some backtrace and debug related
> > >options to the CONFIG_ options listed on the wiki page so that one gets
> > >all the details needed from the testers when some bug shows up (CCd
> > >Pasi). The NETXEN_NIC option looks unrelated to xen...
> >
> > Somehow my mail gateway got problems with umlauts and rewrote
> > mailadress, so this is another try to CC pasi...
> >

> Heh. It's kinda funny to have all these charset/umlaut problems still in 2009
> :)

Stange problem as we don't had such problems with other mail addresses
that used umlauts in headers, we're working on reproducing it. Looks
like a Perl-Module related problem in the spam filter as far as we got
until now...

> > >Will report something back soon,
> >
> > Had no luck. It crashed during irq initialization. Somehow the serial
> > logs aren't fully transmitted. All i could catch is attached. Also is
> > attached the .config used to build the dom0 kernel. Will give xen 3.4.1
> > and unstable another try tomorrow.
> >

> Please paste your grub.conf. I'm going to try xen/master tree today..
>
> -- Pasi

title XEN pv_ops dom0
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=512M loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all
module /boot/bzImage-2.6.31-xen ro root=LABEL=ROOT earlyprintk=xen 4
module /boot/initramfs-2.6.31-xen

With this one i get no output from the kernel itself at all, i think i
have some things build as modules in my .config that needs to be buildin
for a working vga console (might be that i need to change the
earlyprintk param to vga) but didn't had the time to hunt the problem
down.

title XEN pv_ops dom0 with serial console
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=512M loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all
com1=9600,8n1 console=com1
module /boot/bzImage-2.6.31-xen ro root=LABEL=ROOT console=ttyS0,9600n8
earlyprintk=xen 4
module /boot/initramfs-2.6.31-xen

That's the one i used to grab the log.

This is a i945 based box with an Core 2 Duo E8400 and 4GB Ram installed
but only 2912584k usable because of an PCI-Card that supports only 32bit
addressing (appropriated-ram-crap). Could this be a problem? I try to
test again with 2GB Ram installed this evening and report if it gets any
further...

Marc