Re: [Xen-devel] [pvops-dom0] Adding MCA logging support in pv_ops

On Thursday 06 August 2009 09:27:04 Christoph Egger wrote:
> On Thursday 06 August 2009 03:37:39 Ke, Liping wrote:
> > Hi, Christoph
> > Since we can't keep the same copy of header files for pv-ops and XEN
> > already, When sync back the header to XEN, I will only sync back the
> > modified comments and other required changes. As for the change for
> > programming conventions (inline function vs micro), I will not put them
> > back to XEN.  Is it OK for you?
>
> Yes, that's fine.
>
> > As for the union structure for recovery action, since no one is using it
> > now,I plan firstly to add a comment on it, something like "If more than
> > one kind of recovery action perbank permited, union structure need to
> > be changed". How do you think about it?
>
> That's fine with me. Tnx.

Ah wait! I should drink some coffee and then start to think. :)
The way you think is not how multiple actions per bank work.
By design support for multiple actions per bank is available via
getting multiple recovery actions in the mc_data returned from the fetch
hypercall. The comment should mention that.

Christoph

--
---to satisfy European Law for business letters:
Advanced Micro Devices GmbH