Re: [Xen-devel] xm save of upstream kernel (broken?)

I have the same problem with every newer dom0 kernels, not only pv_ops. For example 2.6.30 with opensuse patches crashes the same way.

- Valtteri Kiviniemi

Dan Magenheimer kirjoitti:
Is "xm save" on an upstream pvops kernel supposed to
work? If so, is any special configuration required?
(I do have /proc/xen mounted... "ls /proc/xen"
shows xenbus.)

Using xen-unstable and a PV guest with a 2.6.30 kernel,
I get "xen suspending xenbus..." in the console,
then nothing.  The save file gets 1922 bytes
of data, "xm list" shows the domain as migrating-NAME
but the save never completes and I have to "xm destroy"
it.

Booting a 2.6.18-based kernel in the same VM seems
to save/restore fine.