Re: [Xen-devel] stubdomain conf error

  • To: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Giorgenes Gelatti <giorgenes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:30:07 -0300
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:30:35 -0700

I think it isn't the case. mount and losetup don't show anything.
I looks like it just happens the first time I run xm create.
If I try it again it "works".
Well, the first time it "worked" it freezed the whole system actually.
After reboot, I issued xm create again, which caused the same error again.
I rerunned it and this time it created the VM pair: the hvm and the stubdomain.
Connecting to the VNC interface works, but only shows a black screen.
Running xm list shows the stubdomain isn't running at all:

# xm list
NameÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ IDÂÂ Mem VCPUsÂÂÂÂÂ StateÂÂ Time(s)
Domain-0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 0ÂÂ 252ÂÂÂÂ 2ÂÂÂÂ r-----ÂÂÂ 204.0
debstubhvmÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 3ÂÂ 128ÂÂÂÂ 1ÂÂÂÂ r-----ÂÂ 9356.5
debstubhvm-dmÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 4ÂÂÂ 32ÂÂÂÂ 1ÂÂÂÂ -b----ÂÂÂÂÂ 0.0

the stubdomain status started with "p", then I unpaused it manually and it went into "b" forever.

Any clue?
Thanks for your help.

2009/7/14 Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Giorgenes Gelatti wrote:
> Well, I've just find out that I was missing a basic step: running fs-backend.
> I couldn't run the stubdomain running it either.
> Now i'm trying with xen-unstable and I'm getting this error:
>
> # xm create xmexample.hvm-stubdom
> Using config file "./xmexample.hvm-stubdom".
> Error: Device 768 (vbd) could not be connected.
> File /home/ggelatti/disk.img is loopback-mounted through /dev/loop2,
> which is mounted in a guest domain,
> and so cannot be mounted now.
>
> Any thoughts on that?
> Tks again.

Try unmouting /dev/loop2, it probably remained mounted from one of your
previous failed attempts.