Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Continuing problems booting

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> Could you s-o-b them too?

Sure.

>> +    if (0 == nr_ioapics) {
>> +        for (irq=0; irq < NR_IRQS_LEGACY; irq++)
>> +            xen_allocate_pirq(irq, "legacy");
>> +        return;
>> +    }
>>

> I guess the assumption here is that if there's no ioapics, we don't have
> acpi?  Or I guess it doesn't matter because we can't program the
> triggering anyway.

We can't program the trigger anyway.  My machine has acpi.  Nevertheless
acpi_get_override_irq fails due to no ioapic being present.

>>      /* Pre-allocate legacy irqs */
>>      for (irq=0; irq < NR_IRQS_LEGACY; irq++) {
>> -        int trigger, polarity;
>> -
>> -        if (acpi_get_override_irq(irq, &trigger, &polarity) == -1)
>> -            continue;
>> +        int trigger= 1, polarity = 0;
>>
>> +        acpi_get_override_irq(irq, &trigger, &polarity);
>>          xen_register_gsi(irq,
>>              trigger ? ACPI_LEVEL_SENSITIVE : ACPI_EDGE_SENSITIVE,
>>              polarity ? ACPI_ACTIVE_LOW : ACPI_ACTIVE_HIGH);
>
> 2: acpi_get_override_irq()
> returns the appropriate default for ISA anyway, and we shouldn't do
> anything if it fails

Ok.  So the old code should be fine and we just need the additional loop
to handle the ioapic-less case.  Will send updated patches tomorrow.

cheers,
  Gerd