[Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops & gntdev?

Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
Yes, my plan is:

  1. when installing a grant in a pte page, allocate a shadow page and
     hang it off page->private; also set a page flag on the pgd page
     flags (steal something spare)

pgd or pte page flags?  or both?

Just pgd, so that the unpinner can see it needs to make a second pass. At the pte level, looking for a non-NULL page->private should be enough.

  3. when clearing the pte, check to see if there's a grant handle and
     zap it

That needs a new paravirt hook I think ...

Hm, I hope not.  Doesn't it always end up using set_pte*?

  4. when unpinning the pagetable, check to see if there's the "grant
     mapping" flag in the pgd, and do a grant-zap pass before unpinning

ok.

Prelimary patches by chance?

No, I haven't got around to implementing this at all.

Thanks,