[Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops & gntdev?

Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
Do you want to bring it over?
Well.  I hoped someone did that already ...

Ideas how to handle the grant unmap case?
I suspect the vm_ops->zap_pte() approach isn't going to fly for mainline
merge ...

Yes, my plan is:

  1. when installing a grant in a pte page, allocate a shadow page and
     hang it off page->private; also set a page flag on the pgd page
     flags (steal something spare)
  2. store the grant handle in the slot corresponding to the pte
  3. when clearing the pte, check to see if there's a grant handle and
     zap it
  4. when unpinning the pagetable, check to see if there's the "grant
     mapping" flag in the pgd, and do a grant-zap pass before unpinning