Re: [Xen-devel] How to transfer data between guest and hypervisor?

  • To: ssy dgtg <dgtgssy@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Дмитрий Головинов <dimka87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:01:29 +0300
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 03:01:58 -0800

Maybe you misunderstood. I need to transfer data structure not between
domains(dom - to - dom transfer is described in Definitive Guide), but
between domain and hypervisor kernel. These are not the same. There
are a lot of difficulties on this way, may be these are solved. I
thought, studying xm dmesg would help - but, obviously, i found
nothing on my study, that can help me. I've tryed to research in
hypercalls and found a note, talking bout passing pointers to
hypervisor. So I wanna obtain a memory page in, for example, dom0, and
pass via hypercall1() a pointer. And from Xen kernel, i wanna obtain
it's virtual/physical address of that page (mapped to it's memory
space), with which i could easilly access necesarry structure in it.

If someone could give me any idea, it would be great.

Thank you.
Dmitry Golovinov