[Xen-devel] A question about "suspend-record frame number"

Dear friends:

in xc_domain_save.c, there is a suspend-record frame number which is
stored in the first vcpu's edx register. What the major use of this
"suspend-record frame number". Why this frame number is store there?

I want to replace the suspend_and_state with xc_domain_shutdown because
the former one is much slower. But after I replaced the funcion, that
frame number was lost. What if I ignore the error and omit the
corresponding code in xc_domain_restore.c?? Thanks.