[Xen-devel] Xen Domain Restore

Hi,
I have read a bug on BZ about the checkpoint file (save file) should be deleted after a successful Xen domain restore because it can lead to disk corruption. There were 3 options suggested: deleting the file, renaming the file to somewhat that won't be restored at dom0 startup (like Richard W.M. Jones suggested, renaming it to a dot-file because those files are not restored by xendomains script) or having an option in xend-config.sxp configuration file.

We may either let libvirt do it itself or we may change xend daemon. Anyway I think it would be better to have this option configurable in xend-config.sxp with option to override it via xm/virsh. Eg. you may have some system running on a read-only file system and all data could be on some another system (eg. connected via NFS).

What do you think about that? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Michal