RE: [Xen-devel] disable qemu PCI devices in HVM domains

> > > What about Linux platforms with existing PV drivers which do not
> > > engage in the blacklisting/disabling protocol ?
> >
> > Yeah, things might go a bit funny if you write using emulated
drivers
> > and then switch to PV ones without rebooting in between.  I think
> > that's probably a fairly unusual thing to do, but it's not really
> > invalid.
>
> Provided that whatever is managing this change (be it user or some
> tool in the guest) knows that this is a multipath situation and to
> take the appropriate steps.

Under Xen 3.3 I have seen windows decide that the qemu device and the pv
device (same underlying device) were the same and that one was a
multipath to another. I assume that this is because a write to one shows
up in the other.

Under Xen 3.2 this doesn't happen and things break, horribly.

James