Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops dom0 USB fixed

Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
  Hi,

When I set it to AHCI, I see the same timeouts on IDENTIFY, but the DVD
drive is detected properly.

Hopping in here ;)

/me uses AHCI too.  Things work just fine for me initially.  After
running for a while (more than just bootup:  I can login via ssh, do
builds, run guests, ...) I suddenly get errors disk errors.  From a
brief look it seems the disk stops responding to disk commands
altogether.  The box is still sort-of alive at this point, I can even
login remotely and grab a dmesg log.  Probably due to the important
stuff being in the page cache, so no disk I/O is needed for that ...

Intel 64bit box, 6GB RAM (dom0_mem=2g), running rawhide.

OK, that's interesting. The symptom is the same (drive stops talking), but after a while rather than immediate. That suggests there might be some issue with what memory gets allocated or something?

Does putting the controller in IDE/legacy mode work OK?

Oooh, sound.  Does it work?

What are all the libvirtd/qemu-dm crashes?  Are they pertinent?