Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops dom0 USB fixed

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 20:53 -0500, Todd Deshane wrote:
> > On friday I changed the grub.conf to enable serial console as I will
> > not be at the office until tuesday but unfortunately I am not getting
> > any grub serial menu so the machine is stuck in a  reboot loop for the
> > next 3 days, next week I plan to put a root filesystem on a usb memory
> > stick to see if I can boot a OS that way and do more testing while the
> > hd issue is sorted out.
> >

> I tried an install of linux/Xen on a USB drive.
>
> Linux boots, but Xen is still only making it to initramfs.

That's because your initramfs only contains modules for
2.6.27-7-generic but your Xen kernel is 2.6.28-rc8-tip so the ramdisk
fails to load the modules it needs.
        (initramfs) cd /lib/mo(initramfs) cd /lib/modules/
        (initramfs) ls
        2.6.27-7-generic
        (initramfs) cd (initramfs) cd 2.6.27-7-generic/
        (initramfs) ls
        initrd  kernel
        (initramfs) uname -a
        Linux (none) 2.6.28-rc8-tip #1 SMP Sat Dec 13 11:54:47 EST 2008 x86_64
x86_64

Ian.