RE: [Xen-devel] can't create any more pv-on-hvm domains after~38under 3.3-testing

  • To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steve Ofsthun" <sofsthun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:39:40 +1100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 03:40:07 -0800

> On 12/12/2008 09:15, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> >> Might mean xenstored hasn't noticed that the domain is dead, hence
> > hasn't
> >> released resources and notified other dameons such as xenconsoled?
> > Sounds
> >> more likely some interaction with your dom0 distro than the fact
you
> > run
> >> on AMD.
> >
> > How readily could you test a 64 bit Dom0? I'm just trying to figure
out
> > how I could set up a 32 bit Dom0, but I'm not sure that doing so
would
> > prove anything as the cause could still be my 64 bit Dom0 or 64 bit
> > Dom0's in general...
>
> Just tried 64-bit dom0 on 3.3 tip. 40 HVM create/destroy cycles.
Worked
> for me. ;-)

Thanks for doing that. I guess I can stop looking at xen code for the
problem :)

Btw, the problem definitely exists for PV domains too, for me anyway.

I'm using 3.3-testing.hg.

Any suggestions as to where to go from here?

So far I have been through the dist/install directory and made sure that
there are no older files with the same name in different paths (eg if
xen installed in /usr/sbin but Debian installed in /sbin and the file
was still there for some reason)

Thanks again

James