Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops dom0 USB fixed

  • To: "Ian Campbell" <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:23:06 -0500
  • Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Aviv Grafi <aviv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:24:34 -0800

>> Is guest support implemented? workarounds/gotchas?
>
> Only blkback is present at the moment and I notice you have a vif
> configured, it's possible the lack of netback is confusing xend. A guest
> with disks but no network should work.

I will try to boot with a disk only

>> Also dom0 is using all of my memory (most of it,
>> left with with a small number of megabytes to work
>> with (i did free -m in the output)
>
> I think it should autoballoon down in the normal way if you have a new
> enough xen-unstable. Jeremy patched the tools to work with the pvops
> balloon a few week ago.

I have the latest xen-unstable as of during this email thread today when
it wasn't working and now it is.

Any more debug info I could provide to try to get the memory situation
better?

Also, is the 3G limit on Xen still in place?

Thanks,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane