Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops dom0 USB fixed

Todd Deshane wrote:
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Todd Deshane wrote:
Well, for a start, disable MSI for now (pci=nomsi on the kernel command
line).  I haven't done any MSI support yet.

In the nosmp boot, something seems amiss with interrupt routing.  nomsi
may
help there as well, but I'll need to have a closer look at the code to
work
out what's really going wrong here.  Hm, its probably:
[    0.000000] ACPI: Skipping IOAPIC probe due to 'noapic' option.

I guess nosmp implies noapic?  Anyway, we don't do well without ioapics
at
present...

The pci=nomsi helped a lot.

I have booting (at least almost)

Again two logs attached. This time the without nosmp does better.

Gets to a checking battery state line then it seems to stop.

What normally happens next?  Looks like its pretty close to the end of the
boot sequence; is that where it would normally print the login prompt?  Is
the machine on the network at that point?  Can you log in remotely?

Correct it is fully booted. This is the same thing shown on a normal
linux boot. I have attached both logs for reference. The linux one
is not exactly the same kernel, but it is close (both are rc7)
The vanilla linux one doesn't have any xen dom0 patches.

You can boot the same kernel. The dom0 kernel will just boot native if you don't start it under Xen.

On the normal linux one, even when putting the console on
the serial port, gdm loads up on the monitor, but this
doesn't happen for the dom0 kernel.

I wouldn't expect X to work at this point.

However I can SSH into the dom0 kernel fine.

That's good; we can add a new card to known working ethernet controllers.