RE: [Xen-devel] can't create any more pv-on-hvm domains after~38under 3.3-testing

> On 05/12/2008 09:35, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > I wonder if it's possible that some Debian code is left around
somewhere
> > on my machine... any suggestions for where that could be that would
> > cause a problem with Xen? It just seems to me that this problem is
> > severe enough that if it really was a problem with Xen and not my
setup
> > that others would have noticed it too...
>
> Well you run your own kernel and toolstack. I think it's pretty
unlikely
> that some Debian thing is still getting in there.

I just removed everything I could find (/etc/scripts, /usr/lib/*xen*,
etc) and did a tools-install and nothing changed.

> I'll try 3.3 again, just to double check I don't see any weirdness. By
the
> way, I build my dom0 kernel using the -xen0 built-in config, not -xen.
Not
> sure if that would make a difference. Probably not.

I am using the config copied from the Debian kernel. 'grep XEN' has the
following:

CONFIG_X86_64_XEN=y
CONFIG_X86_XEN_GENAPIC=y
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND=y
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FE_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_INTERFACE_VERSION=0x00030207
# XEN
CONFIG_XEN_PRIVILEGED_GUEST=y
# CONFIG_XEN_UNPRIVILEGED_GUEST is not set
CONFIG_XEN_PRIVCMD=y
CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_DEV=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_ACCEL_SFC_UTIL=m
CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_TAP=m
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=m
# CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_PIPELINED_TRANSMITTER is not set
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_LOOPBACK=m
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_VPCI=y
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_PASS is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_SLOT is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_CONTROLLER is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BE_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_TPMDEV_BACKEND is not set
CONFIG_XEN_SCSI_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_ACCEL_SFC_FRONTEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_SCSI_FRONTEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_GRANT_DEV=y
CONFIG_XEN_FRAMEBUFFER=y
CONFIG_XEN_KEYBOARD=y
CONFIG_XEN_SCRUB_PAGES=y
CONFIG_XEN_DISABLE_SERIAL=y
CONFIG_XEN_SYSFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_030002_AND_LATER=y
# CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_030004_AND_LATER is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_030100_AND_LATER is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_LATEST_ONLY is not set
CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT=0x030002
CONFIG_XEN_SMPBOOT=y
CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON=y
CONFIG_XEN_DEVMEM=y