Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with enabling hypervisor C and P-state control

  • To: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Niraj Tolia" <ntolia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:19:41 -0700
  • Cc: "Liu, Jinsong" <jinsong.liu@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen Developers <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Yu, Ke" <ke.yu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:20:18 -0700

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Tian, Kevin <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

No, I did not change anything in the BIOS. However, when I run vanilla
Linux w/ cpufreqd, cpufreq-info will only list two cores being tied
together. This is with the 2.6.24-21 kernel provided with Ubuntu
8.04.1.

# cpufreq-info
cpufrequtils 002: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2006
Report errors and bugs to linux@xxxxxxxx, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  driver: acpi-cpufreq
  CPUs which need to switch frequency at the same time: 0 4
  hardware limits: 1.60 GHz - 2.40 GHz
  available frequency steps: 2.40 GHz, 2.13 GHz, 1.87 GHz, 1.60 GHz
  available cpufreq governors: powersave, conservative, ondemand,
userspace, performance
  current policy: frequency should be within 1.60 GHz and 1.60 GHz.
                  The governor "powersave" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 1.60 GHz.

Cheers,
NIraj