RE: [Xen-devel] Problems with enabling hypervisor C and P-state control

  • To: 'Niraj Tolia' <ntolia@xxxxxxxxx>, "Yu, Ke" <ke.yu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:04:25 +0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "Liu, Jinsong" <jinsong.liu@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen Developers <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:05:30 -0700

Do you change any BIOS setting when comparing native Linux and
Xen? From the xen dmesg you posted last time:
(XEN)   _PSD: num_entries=5 rev=0 domain=1 coord_type=253 num_processors=4
(XEN)   _PSD: num_entries=5 rev=0 domain=2 coord_type=253 num_processors=4
(XEN)   _PSD: num_entries=5 rev=0 domain=3 coord_type=253 num_processors=4
You can see that BIOS reports 4 processors in a dependent domain
with a SW_ANY coordination type. It means that any cpu within
given dependent domain changes freq, all the rest 3 cpus change too.

Thanks,
Kevin