Re: [Xen-devel] Hypercall from HVM guest

Emre Can Sezer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to communicate some information from an HVM guest to Xen.
> Passing a pointer to a buffer would suffice and the communication will be
> single sided.  What is the best way to do this?
>
> I've looked into making a hypercall from an HVM guest and came across this
> post on this mailing list by Steve Ofsthun:
>
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-04/msg00526.html

This code is quite old and much has changed since then.  You should probably
use the pv on hvm driver code as an example these days
(xen/unmodified_drivers/linux-2.6/platform-pci).

What hypercalls are you trying to use?  Note that HVM guests are restricted to
a subset of the normal PV guest hypercalls.

Steve