RE: [Xen-devel] Dom heap virtual address question

  • To: "Daniel Magenheimer" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-Devel (E-mail)" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:29:18 +0800
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:29:53 -0700

Yes. The ptes used for non global version is domain
specific, which is changed along with context switch.
However ptes for _global version are persistent across
domains. This is for 32bit xen.

For 64bit xen, both local and global version are simply
macros to mfn_to_virt which is a directly mapping
style setuped at boot time. In such case, you can always
access previously mapped va from any domain context,
regardless of which interface is used.

But for portability, it's better to have 32bit implication
in mind to avoid mistake. :-)

Thanks,
Kevin