Re: [Xen-devel] Xen spinlock questions

>>> Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 12.08.08 19:00 >>>

>>> Attached is a new version of the patch which clears the vcpu from poll_mask
>>> when it is unblocked for any reason. Jan: please can you give this one a
>>> spin if you get time.
>>>

>> Forgot to attach?
>
>Sorry, attached now.

I can't really explain the results of testing with this version of the patch:
While the number of false wakeups got further reduced by somewhat
less than 20%, both time spent in the kernel and total execution time
went up (8% and 4% respectively) compared to my original (and from
all I can tell worse) version of the patch. Nothing else changed as far as
I'm aware.

Jan