[Xen-devel] Re: [Patch] ioemu-remote: fix gcc4 build problem (?)

Andre Przywara writes ("[Patch] ioemu-remote: fix gcc4 build problem (?)"):
> although I read that the gcc4 build problem should already be fixed, I
> cannot ack this for me: I just did
> $ git clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/git-http/qemu-xen-unstable.git
> and "$ hg pull -u" in xen-staging and still configure stops with missing
> gcc3. In ioemu-remote "git log" says the latest patch was:

It's not clear to me in which directory you ran `git clone' in.
There are two sensible ways to use the new tree:

Automatically checked out tree:
  ~:$ cd ~/work
  ~/work:$ hg clone .../xen-unstable.hg
  ~/work:$ cd xen-unstable.hg
  ~/work/xen-unstable.hg:$ make -j4
  [ build system runs hg clone ]
Then if you want to update ioemu-remote:
  ~/work/xen-unstable.hg:$ cd tools/ioemu-remote
  ~/work/xen-unstable.hg/tools/ioemu-remote:$ git pull
or
  ~/work/xen-unstable.hg/tools/ioemu-remote:$ git pull http://somewhere

Separate tree managed by you:
  ~:$ cd ~/work
  ~/work:$ hg clone .../xen-unstable.hg
  ~/work:$ git clone .../qemu-xen-unstable.git
  ~/work:$ cd xen-unstable.hg
  ~/work/xen-unstable.hg:$ CONFIG_QEMU=$HOME/work/qemu-xen-unstable make -j4

Simply running
  git clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/git-http/qemu-xen-unstable.git
isn't really going to help, no matter where you run it.  That will
create a directory qemu-xen-unstable but you also need to make sure
the build system will use that directory.

Ian.