Re: [Xen-devel] maximum size of a block device in a domU

Sebastian Reitenbach, le Mon 21 Jul 2008 12:48:51 +0200, a écrit :
> I'm looking for an answer to my question that I have since days, but not
> found an answer yet.
> I am looking for the maximum size a block device, like a harddisk can have?
> AFAIK, on vmware, there is a limit at 2TB for block devices of being usable?
> I was already asking on the users list, and searched the archives, but did
> not found a sufficient answer yet, therefore I hope one of the developer
> will let me know.

For HVM domU, since qemu supports lba48, the maximum should be 2^57B
there, not tested though :) The actual limit is then the size that dom0
itself can cope with.

For PV domU, the PV interface is 64bit, so theorically 2^73B...  Then
it's up to limitations of dom0 and domU themselves.

Samuel