[Xen-devel] Re: [Regression] Changeset #17532 breaks xenner

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 18:28 +0200, Alexander Graf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while attempting to get xenner running, I realized that changeset #17532
> (xemnstored: Fix xenstored abort when connection dropped.) actually
> triggers the problem it is supposed to fix.

Well, it did fix the problem. I'm not saying it didn't introduce or
expose another one though ;-)

> To easily reproduce the issue, run xenstored with that patch applied and
> start xenner. As soon as xenner quits (I usually killed it because my
> guest hung), xenstored abort()ed on me.

I'm afraid I don't have a xenner setup. Please could you collect a
backtrace of the crash. Also perhaps it would be worth instrumenting up
the ref counting functions to log incr/decr to spot where the count goes
wrong.