Re: [Xen-devel] Another GPLPV pre-release 0.9.11-pre7

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "David Steinberg" <klusou@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 15:22:09 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 06:23:23 -0700

rebuild a backup of the vm for a new fresh start.
-installation -waiting short of the end 20 minutes - rebooting manual ignoring the last step of the installation -rebooting, finding lots of devices, pressing a lot of "yes", all devices show "cannot start error 10", assuming the missing gplpv flag.
-rebooting again, all runs fine but yellow "!" on a lot of xen devices.
-rebooting with gplpv, resulting in bsod as mentioned below
-rebooting without flag, runs again.

Is this a known error ?

David

Tried this one with a fresh installation of windows 2003 Server German, SP2
Xen version 3.2.1
Intel C2D 6600 CPU

-Installation: No errors - ending with a lot of yellow "!" on the new devices -Reboot with "/gplpv" - finding a lot of devices - telling me to reboot while showing me the content of the "new" disks - i do reboot. -Filesystem errors cannot reboot - doing chkdisk /P /R in recovery-console - reparing errors - reboot
-bsod - SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED, STOP 0x0000006F(0xc0000130,0,0,0)
-starting without /gplpv leads to direct logout, when logging in.

May I have to do the first reboot without /gplpv ?

David

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "xen-users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 6:57 AM
Subject: [Xen-devel] Another GPLPV pre-release 0.9.11-pre7

I've just uploaded 0.9.11-pre7. save/restore should be working for 32
bits on both SMP and UP, and maybe for 64 bits although it's not tested.
If someone could test migration it would be much appreciated.

The installer seems to not install the drivers under 64 bit
environment... but they can then be installed manually. Not sure why at
this point.

http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads

James