[Xen-devel] Re: Timer ISR/0: Timer went backwards error...

> To be more specific about the problem, it happens only when i try to
> return from the hypervisor kdb. But since many others have/had the same

That's a known issue in kdb. Like I mentioned in my kdb presentation, I'm still
trying to get the timer stuff right, hopefully, in next release I'll have it
figured out and fixed.
I am sure that is not the cause of your dom0 crash. Like I had mentioned in our
offline emails, kdb is not properly tested on 32bit hyp, so the crash could well
be something kdb related that needs to be investigated.

Thanks,
Mukesh

Sandesh <sandesh.ahiremath <at> wipro.com> writes:

> >   As Keir suggests "clocksource=hpet" as
> > a Xen command line parameter will hopefully
> > work for those boxes.
>  I tired "clocksource=hpet and clocksource=cyclone", and both of them
> failed to initialize respective timers, so by default APIC timer is
> getting installed.
> However with "clocksource=pit", init_pit seemed to have initialized PIT
> timer but it did not solve the problem. Am still getting the Time went
> backwards...
>
> To be more specific about the problem, it happens only when i try to
> return from the hypervisor kdb. But since many others have/had the same
> problem without the use of hypervisor kdb, i dont think its due to the
> kdb. I had never got this error before, so suerly kdb must be triggering
> something here.
>
> Thanks,
>   Sandesh

this message are intended for
> the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary,
confidential or privileged
disseminate, distribute or copy this